Planning for my Thirtieth has been very indecisive to say the least. Here were some of the ideas I had come up with:
Dance Central themed party
Restaurant crawl at Bridgestreet w/ a night at the Westin
Costume themed party
Hotel party in duplex type room plus kitchen
Overnight stay in another city (b-ham, atl, DISNEY!)
VEGAS! (yeah, uh no. I wish.)
So after much thought and random spouting of ideas (much to S's dismay (the spouting not the final decision.)) I've decided to do what I like (duh!) and eat my favorite dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant where they serve one of my favorite drinks, MARGARITAS (who knew??). I was still leaning towards going to a hotel afterwards just to get out of the house but you know what? That just seems like so much more hassle than I want to deal with. Getting everything ready to take there, setting up there, repacking everything up and loading it back into the car, unloading it back into the house and then staring at it stacked up on the kitchen/dining room floor. Yeah.. no. We'll just save ourselves that $130 and pretty up our house and have everyone come to us. I say "everyone" but watch it just be my bff, her bf, my SIL and my BIL oh and S =) which I'm realizing really wouldn't be that bad. I think I felt if we got a hotel there was so much more to expect and I didn't want to worry about other people's expectation on my birthday celebration. If I have it at home (where most people have already seen my lackluster decor and such) I can comfortably drink, eat and dance like a fool.
So as a reminder to all birthday planners of their own birthdays everywhere: DO WHAT YOU LIKE! If you want to stuff your gut with Mexican deliciousness then DO IT. You want to have fancy-ish drinks (see: not beer) then DRINK THEM. Dance like a wannabe breakdancer/raver? BRING IT!
For some reason this song is now in my head. Enjoy =)
Play, come on, play that song
Play it all night long
Just turn it up and turn me on
Play, come on DJ
Play that song
You know that it turns me on
DJ just play that song
'Cause I wanna be dancin' all night long
Play, Jennifer Lopez circa 2001 (ELEVEN years ago.. Gah! I'm getting old.)
Costume themed party
Hotel party in duplex type room plus kitchen
Overnight stay in another city (b-ham, atl, DISNEY!)
VEGAS! (yeah, uh no. I wish.)
So after much thought and random spouting of ideas (much to S's dismay (the spouting not the final decision.)) I've decided to do what I like (duh!) and eat my favorite dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant where they serve one of my favorite drinks, MARGARITAS (who knew??). I was still leaning towards going to a hotel afterwards just to get out of the house but you know what? That just seems like so much more hassle than I want to deal with. Getting everything ready to take there, setting up there, repacking everything up and loading it back into the car, unloading it back into the house and then staring at it stacked up on the kitchen/dining room floor. Yeah.. no. We'll just save ourselves that $130 and pretty up our house and have everyone come to us. I say "everyone" but watch it just be my bff, her bf, my SIL and my BIL oh and S =) which I'm realizing really wouldn't be that bad. I think I felt if we got a hotel there was so much more to expect and I didn't want to worry about other people's expectation on my birthday celebration. If I have it at home (where most people have already seen my lackluster decor and such) I can comfortably drink, eat and dance like a fool.
So as a reminder to all birthday planners of their own birthdays everywhere: DO WHAT YOU LIKE! If you want to stuff your gut with Mexican deliciousness then DO IT. You want to have fancy-ish drinks (see: not beer) then DRINK THEM. Dance like a wannabe breakdancer/raver? BRING IT!
For some reason this song is now in my head. Enjoy =)
Play, come on, play that song
Play it all night long
Just turn it up and turn me on
Play, come on DJ
Play that song
You know that it turns me on
DJ just play that song
'Cause I wanna be dancin' all night long
Play, Jennifer Lopez circa 2001 (ELEVEN years ago.. Gah! I'm getting old.)
Ah, and I just had my 40th! Keep on runnin'!
ReplyDelete